® Sametime Mobile support on an IBM
Sametime Community server.
Before you begin
These instructions assume that you do not
use the IBM
Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server in your Sametime
® deployment. If you use the Enterprise Meeting Server, proceed to the topic, Configuring Sametime Mobile for client downloads
in the Sametime
Enterprise Server Meeting help, instead.
Mobile does not support meeting features.
About this task
provides three options for connecting mobile devices to the Sametime Community server:
- Connect with a Virtual Private Network (VPN) such as IBM Lotus® Mobile Connect or RIM BlackBerry Enterprise Server Mobile Data Services (MDS).
This connection model provides end-to-end connectivity from the device into the corporate intranet, allowing for applications to access intranet resources securely. Sametime Mobile would access the server, and intranet, in the same manner as any other application installed on the device. This is typically the most flexible approach as it allows the client to utilize a variety of application that may be hosted on the corporate intranet.
- Connect with an authenticating HTTP Proxy, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache HTTP Server.
For more information on configuring IBM
HTTP Server as an authenticating proxy, see the IBM WebSphere
® information center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v7r0/index.jsp
It is recommended that the server be configured with a valid SSL certificate obtained from a trusted and well-known supplier; mobile devices support a variety of root certificates, and most reputable certificate providers function with these devices (self-signed SSL certificates are typically not usable with mobile devices). In addition, most mobile devices must have their time and date set properly to work with SSL-secured servers.
- Connect with a direct connection from the client to the server.
By default, Sametime Mobile clients communicate with the Sametime Community server over port 8082, using the Sametime Links protocol and 128-bit encryption. Sametime Links is also accessible over the standard Sametime client port of 1533, and optionally port 80 if HTTP Tunneling is enabled. Appropriate firewall rules should be enabled to allow traffic to pass through on the selected port.
Follow the instructions below to configure Sametime
Mobile for client downloads.
- Start the Sametime Community server and log in.
- Fill in configuration information for the mobile devices supported in your environment by completing the following steps:
- Click Administer the server.
- Expand Configuration and under it, click Sametime Mobile.
The Configuration - Sametime Mobile page displays a link for each supported mobile device.
- Click the link that represents a device you want to configure.
- Enter the appropriate configuration information for your device.
The devices supported with the current release of Sametime Mobile are listed below this topic; refer to the appropriate device for additional configuration details.
- Click Update to save your changes.
What to do next
The following mobile devices are supported with this release of Sametime Mobile:
Parent topic: Configuring Sametime for mobile users
Previous topic: Configuring Sametime on the iPhone device