Configuring a mail server after installing Sametime AdvancedAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configure a mail server for use with an IBM® Sametime® Advanced deployment.
Configure a mail server for use with an IBM
® Advanced deployment.
About this task
Follow these steps to configure a mail server for the Sametime
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as an IBM WebSphere® Application Server administrator.
Click Resources -> Mail -> Mail Sessions.
In the "Mail Sessions" screen, expand the Scope section and select a scope:
- In a single-server deployment, log in from the Sametime Advanced server.
- In a clustered deployment, log in from the cluster's Deployment Manager.
In the table, click the New button to create a new mail session.
Fill out the new mail session form as follows:
- In a single-server deployment the scope is a server, so select your server from the list (for example: Node=node_name, Server=server1).
- In a clustered deployment the scope is a cluster, so select your cluster from the list.
Click OK to save your settings.
On this form, some fields have information supplied already, which you can accept or modify; you must provide values for the following fields:
|Name||Type a name for the mail server; for example: Sametime Mail Notifier|
|JNDI Name||Provide an associated JNDI name; use: mail/sametime/notifier|
|Mail transport host||Provide the fully qualified host name of your SMTP server; for example: sales.example.com|
|Mail transport protocol||Select the mail transport protocol; in this example, it would be SMTP|
You can optionally supply a user name and password for the SMTP server; this is only necessary when your SMTP server requires them for authentication before sending email.
|Mail from ||Type the email address to be used as the "From" address when sending notifications. |
Parent topic: Finishing the deployment afer installing Sametime Advanced
Previous topic: Modifying the secure TLS/SSL port used by MQTT afer installing Sametime Advanced
Next topic: Configuring connectivity to a Sametime proxy server after installing Sametime Advanced