|By default, the IBM® Sametime Proxy server works with an entire Sametime community, but you can optionally configure it to work with one or more clusters of IBM Sametime Community Servers instead.
By default, the IBM
® Sametime Proxy server works with an entire Sametime community, but you can optionally configure it to work with one or more clusters of IBM
Sametime Community Servers instead.
Before you begin
Before completing this task, ensure that Sametime Community server is configured correctly.
About this task
Complete the following steps to connect the Sametime Proxy Server to the Sametime Community server.
For information on connecting the Sametime Proxy Server to an 8.0.2 Sametime Community Server, see Configuring Sametime 8.5.1 Media and Proxy Servers with an 8.0.2 Community Server using Sametime System Console
in the Sametime wiki.
- Login to the Sametime® System Console with administrator privileges.
- Expand the Sametime System Console twistie.
- Select Sametime Proxy Servers
- Select the Deployment Name for the Sametime Proxy Server deployment you wish to configure.
- In the List of Sametime Community Server cluster names field, type the names of the Sametime Community clusters, separating each cluster name with a comma (,).
For example: CN=abc/O=ABC,CN=efg/O=EFG
This field designates which Sametime Community Server or cluster will be connected to the current Sametime Proxy Server in a distributed environment. You can choose to leave this field empty in the following situations:
- You want to connect to all Sametime Community Servers simultaneously
- You only have one Sametime Community Server deployed
- You only have one Sametime Community Server cluster deployed
- Click Apply.
- Click the Save link in the "Messages" box at the top of the page.
- Restart the server or cluster:
- For a stand-alone server, restart it now as follows:
For a clustered server, synchronize nodes and restart the cluster as follows:
- On the server’s Configuration page, click the Status tab.
- On the Status page, click the Start/Restart button at the top of the table.
- Click the Refresh button and verify that all components are active.
Parent topic: Configuring connectivity
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Select all nodes in the cluster
- Click Full Resynchronize.
- Back in the navigator, click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click a node agent, and then click Restart; repeat for each node agent.