Connecting the Sametime Proxy server to a Sametime
® Meeting server allows browser clients to log in to a Community Server and authenticate automatically with Meeting servers.
Before you begin
Configure Single Sign-On (SSO) between the meeting server and the Community Server (either Sametime Community Server or Sametime Standard) that this Sametime Proxy Server will connect to.
About this task
Complete the following steps to connect the Sametime Proxy server to a meeting server.
Parent topic: Configuring connectivity
Authentication by token using the Domino Single Sign-On (SSO) feature
- Log in to the Sametime System Console with administrator privileges.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Proxy Servers.
- Select the Deployment Name for the Sametime Proxy Server deployment you are configuring.
- Select the type of meeting server to which the Sametime Proxy server will connect.
The Sametime Proxy server can connect to any of the following meeting servers:
- Sametime Classic Server (for releases of Sametime 8.5 and higher that are using classic-style meetings hosted on an older Sametime server)
- Sametime Standard server (used in releases prior to Sametime 8.5)
- Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server (used for clustering meeting servers in releases prior to Sametime 8.5)
- Sametime Meeting Server (for releases of Sametime 8.5 and higher)
- (Optional) Enable SSL.
- Enter the fully qualified host name of the meeting server that you selected above.
For example: sametime_meeting.example.com
- Enter the port number for that meeting server.
If you choose Sametime Classic Meeting server, the host name and port fields will be grayed out since the same fully qualified host name and port is used for the Sametime Community server.
- Click Apply.