Configuring licensing managementAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can configure settings related to license management for IBM® Sametime® Advanced.
You can configure settings related to license management for IBM
About this task
- Limit the number of licenses supported
- Count the licenses that are already in use and how many are still available.
- Automatically issue licenses at login.
Follow these steps to configure licensing.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Advanced Servers.
- In the Sametime Advanced Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the information that you want to add or change.
- Click the License Management tab.
- Type the number of licenses that you want to allocate in the Allocated licenses box.
This setting overrides the default number of licenses, which is 1000.
- If you would like to limit unlicensed users' ability to use Sametime Advanced, select Enable license counting.
When a valid user that has not been issued a license logs in, the user receives a message that a license is required. The user cannot use any features in Sametime Advanced.
- If you enabled license counting in the previous step and you would like to allow users to automatically receive a license when they login, select Enable automatic licensing.
- Click OK.
What to do next
You can also monitor the number of licenses using the Count
Issuing licenses to usersParent topic: Administering Sametime Advanced
Users' access to features in IBM Sametime
Advanced is controlled by the license issued to them. You can issue licenses to individual users or groups in the LDAP directory or to users listed in an upload file you create.
Command line user management sta852ifr1
You can manage users in IBM Sametime
Advanced by running the stlicadmin
command line tool. The tool has commands for adding and removing users.