Configuring partitioned Lotus Domino servers on AIX, Linux, or SolarisAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Prepare IBM® Lotus® Domino® partitioned servers before installing the Sametime community server on AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris operating systems. Partitioned Lotus Domino servers are not supported on Microsoft™ Windows™.
® partitioned servers before installing the Sametime community server on AIX
™, or Solaris operating systems. Partitioned Lotus Domino
servers are not supported on Microsoft
About this task
Follow these steps to configure each server. Use the appropriate Lotus Notes
® user account for each server you want to configure. For example, log in as notes and configure the first server. Then log out, log in as notes2 and configure the second server, and so on.
- Log in with the first Lotus Notes user account and enter the following command:
- During configuration, make sure that any field referring to the server's name or IP address is set up correctly. By default, the IP address and server name fields for each configuration contain the IP address and server name of the first server. For each additional server, you must update these fields so that they are appropriate for that partition.
- After configuration for each server is complete, provide the host name for each partitioned Lotus Domino server:
- Start the Lotus Domino server.
- Open a browser and go to the server's Lotus Domino directory, which is usually names.nsf.
- Open the server document for this particular Lotus Domino server.
- Select the Internet Protocols / HTTP tab and enter the host name with the fully qualified name of the server, and then enable Bind to host name. For multi-homed servers, do not enter the host name; instead enter all IP addresses into the Host name field.
- Save and close the server document.
- Open the notes.ini file and add the following field:
- Log out.
- Access the Community Services Network settings from the Sametime administration tool by selecting Configuration -> Connectivity -> Networks and Ports. You must change the Event Server port and the Token Server port for each additional partition that you install. Ensure that the values are unique and that they are not in use by another Sametime server or process. Use ports above 9098.
- Repeat the process until you have configured all the partitioned Lotus Notes servers.
- Verify the configuration:
- Start each partitioned LotusDomino server, one at a time.
- Verify that each server has successfully started.
- Verify that no errors are reported.
- Stop each LotusDomino server.
What to do next
Proceed to Installing the Lotus Notes client and Lotus Domino administrative client
Parent topic: Installing a Lotus Domino server on AIX, Linux, or Solaris