Configure an IBM
® Sametime Meeting Server to accept URL redirects from an upgraded Sametime server or from a Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server cluster.
About this task
Establishing URL redirect to a Sametime Meeting Server uses the REST API provided by the Sametime Online Meeting Toolkit (included in the Sametime Software Development Kit). The Meeting Server uses the Online Meeting Toolkit to transfer meeting data from the upgraded Sametime server to the new Meeting Server.
The enable the redirect, the new Meeting Server must be configured to be associated the with URL of a particular Sametime server.
You can complete this task on the following servers:
- One or more upgraded Sametime 8.5 servers with meetings
- One or more pre-8.5 Sametime server with meetings enabled
- Multiple pre-8.5 Sametime servers (with meetings enabled) that are clustered with the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server
Sametime 8.5 does not directly support the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server, so you cannot cluster upgraded Sametime 8.5 meeting rooms as in previous releases. However, you can set up URL redirects from pre-8.5 servers that are clustered with the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server.
- Log in to the Sametime System Console as the Sametime® administrator.
- Click Sametime Servers -> Sametime Meeting Servers.
- In the "Meeting Servers" list, click the name of the server that will accept redirects from a particular Sametime server.
- Click the Server Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Type restapi.migrationUrl as the name of the new configuration key.
- Now assign one of the following values to the key, depending on whether the Sametime server is clustered with Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server:
- Sametime server (non-clustered): http://host_name/servlet/meeting/
- Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server (cluster): http://host_name/iwc/sametime/meeting/
For host_name, supply the Sametime server's fully qualified host name; for example: ststd1.example.com
Parent topic: Setting up URL redirects to migrate meetings
Previous topic: Configuring the upgraded server to issue redirects to a Meeting Server