Configuring the sametime.ini file for a stand-alone multiplexerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Review the sametime.ini settings on the stand-alone Community Server multiplexer to confirm that they are appropriate for your site.
Review the sametime.ini settings on the stand-alone Community Server multiplexer to confirm that they are appropriate for your site.
About this task
Follow these steps to confirm or change the settings for VPS_HOST
, and VPMX_CAPACITY. If you have Sametime
® Community Servers running releases earlier than Sametime
8.0.2, also add the VPMX_ASSUME_COMMUNITY_ISFUNC
Parent topic: Installing and setting up a stand-alone Community Services multiplexer
Previous topic: Connecting to a Sametime Community Mux server
Next topic: Enabling IPv6 on a multiplexer
- Open a text editor on the community server multiplexer machine.
- Open the Sametime.ini file located in the Sametime server installation directory (the default directory in Windows® is C:\program files\lotus\domino).
- In the [Connectivity] section, confirm the host name (VPS_HOST) of the Sametime server to which the Community Services multiplexer connects (specified during the Community Services multiplexer installation and in the stconfig.nsf database.
- If you are not using the default port of 1516, add the port (VPS_PORT) the community server multiplexer uses to establish the connection with the Sametime server.
- The Maximum user and server connections to the community server setting in the Sametime Administration Tool for the Sametime community server does not apply to a stand-alone multiplexer. Instead, the VPMX_CAPACITY= parameter in the multiplexer's sametime.ini file controls the maximum number of connections.
In the [Config] section, confirm or change the maximum number of simultaneous connections allowed to the stand-alone multiplexer. The default value is 20,000 connections.
- If the multiplexer connects to older Sametime community servers running releases earlier than Sametime 8.0.2, add the following setting with a value of 1 in the [Config] section. This setting enables the multiplexer to connect to the older server.
- Save the sametime.ini file.