Configuring the upgraded server to issue redirects to a Meeting ServerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configure an upgraded IBM® Sametime Standard server to issue a redirect to a URL hosted on the new Sametime Meeting Server.
Configure an upgraded IBM
® Sametime Standard server to issue a redirect to a URL hosted on the new Sametime Meeting Server.
About this task
You can complete this task on the following servers:
- One or more upgraded Sametime Classic Servers (with meetings enabled)
- One or more pre-8.5 Sametime Standard servers (with meetings enabled)
- Two or more pre-8.5 Sametime Standard servers that are clustered with the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server
Beginning in release 8.5, Sametime does not directly support the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server, so you cannot cluster upgraded meeting rooms as in previous releases. However, you can set up URL redirects from pre-8.5 servers that are clustered with the Sametime Enterprise Meeting Server. When a user clicks an old meeting room link, the URL redirect automatically points the browser to the new Meeting Server.
Parent topic: Setting up URL redirects to migrate meetings
Next topic: Configuring the Meeting Server to accept redirects from the upgraded Sametime server
- Enable redirects on the Sametime Community Mux:
- Open the sametime.ini file on the server where the Community Mux is hosted.
On AIX®, Linux®, Windows®, and Solaris, the sametime.ini file is stored in the Sametime® server installation directory; for example on Microsoft® Windows, the default path is: C:\program files\lotus\domino. On IBM i, the sametime.ini file is stored in the Sametime server data directory.
If the Community Mux is local, use the Sametime server's own sametime.ini file. If you deployed a stand-alone Community Mux, open the sametime.ini file on that server.
- Add the following statement to the [Config] section of the file:
- Close and save the file.
- Restart the stand-alone Community Mux so the change can take effect.
For a local Community Mux, there's no need to restart the Sametime server yet, as you will do that when you complete the redirect task.
- If you deployed multiple stand-alone Community Mux servers, repeat this process on each one.
- On the upgraded Sametime server, establish a redirect to the new Meeting Server:
- Log in to a Lotus Notes® client.
- Click File -> Application -> Open.
- In the Server field, select the Sametime server where you want to enable the redirect.
Click Local to select the current server.
- Locate and select the "Domino® Directory" (names.nsf), and then click Open.
- In the Domino Directory, click Configuration -> Servers -> All Server Documents.
- In the list of servers, select the Sametime server where you want to create the URL redirect.
- On the tool bar, click Web -> Create URL/Mapping Redirection.
A new page appears, where you can create the redirection/mapping information.
- On the "Basics" tab, click URL -> Redirection URL.
- On the "Mapping" tab, fill in the Incoming URL path and Redirection URL string fields as follows:
The redirection documents can be added in stages, depending on which part of the Sametime user interface should be redirected. Use the type of redirect that best suits your needs:
Table 1. URL redirect options for various user scenarios
|Purpose||Incoming URL path||Redirection URL|
|Allow users to attend previously scheduled meetings on the upgraded Sametime server, but have all new meetings created as rooms on the Sametime Meeting Server.||/stconf.nsf/frmConference*|
|Only redirect users that access the Welcome page in the meeting center on the upgraded Sametime server.||/stcenter.nsf*|
|Redirect URL that lead directly to individual meetings.||/stconf.nsf/meeting/* |
|Redirect all other URL paths in stconf.nsf to the new Meeting Server. ||/stconf.nsf* |
|Redirect invited server URLs. For each invited server, the redirect document needs to be directed at a single Sametime Meeting Server where the rooms will be created. This avoids creating additional rooms on different Meeting Servers each time a redirect from the invited server is encountered. |
- Save your changes and close the Domino Directory.
- Repeat this process for every upgraded Sametime server that you want to redirect to a new Meeting Server.