Connecting Sametime to the LDAP serverAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Enable SSL encryption for connections between IBM® Sametime and the LDAP server.
Enable SSL encryption for connections between IBM
® Sametime and the LDAP server.
Before you begin
® Community server must be running.
Parent topic: Enabling encryption between Sametime and the LDAP server
Previous topic: Configuring Directory Assistance for SSL
Next topic: Modifying the LDAP server configuration for SSL
- Configure LDAP connectivity settings in the Sametime Administration Tool as follows:
- From the Sametime server's home page, click the Administer the Server link to open the Sametime Administration Tool.
- Click LDAP Directory -> Connectivity.
- In the Host name or IP address of the LDAP server list, select the name of the LDAP server.
- Click the option called Use SSL to authenticate and encrypt the connection between the Sametime server and the LDAP server.
- In the LDAP SSL port field, specify the port on which the LDAP server is listening for SSL LDAP connections (the default is port 636).
- Click Update.
- Close the Sametime Administration Tool.
At this point, you have enabled SSL encryption for all data that is transmitted between the Sametime server and the LDAP server.
- (Optional) To improve performance, you may choose to loosen security and encrypt only user credentials as follows:
- Open the sametime.ini file (located in the Sametime installation directory).
- Locate the [Directory] section within the file.
- Add the following setting:
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Sametime server