When a user starts the Sametime
® Connect client with the Use my Internet Explorer HTTP settings
preference, the client examines the Internet Explorer Connection settings to determine how to connect to the Sametime
Community server. If no proxy server is selected, the HTTP request goes to the Sametime
Community server in a direct connection. If a proxy server is selected, the client connects through the appropriate SOCKS or HTTP proxy server.
Before you begin
A successful connection depends on these prerequisites.
- The client's preferences for the server community must contain a valid Host server and Server community port that matches the browser's connection settings.
- The Sametime Community Server Connection Settings, as defined in the Sametime System Console, must be correct for the type of connection set up in Internet Explorer.
About this task
Follow these steps to select the Use my Internet Explorer HTTP settings
connection method for the client.
- From the Sametime Connect client, click File -> Preferences.
- Do one of the following:
- To select this connection method for all server communities, click Server Communities. Under Global connection settings, click Use my Internet Explorer HTTP settings and click OK.
- To select this connection method for only one server community, click Server Communities, select the server community name, and open the Connection tab. Uncheck Use global connection settings, then click Use my Internet Explorer HTTP settings and click OK. Click OK to close the Preferences window.
If the connection does not succeed, Sametime
Connect displays an error message.
Parent topic: Choosing a method for connecting to the Sametime Community Server
Configuring Sametime Community Server connectivity