Create a name change task on the IBM
® Community server.
Before you begin
Before you create a name change task, create a comma-separated value (CSV) file of the name changes in the Sametime
Community Server directory.
About this task
A name change task is not actually a scheduled program; its timestamp merely indicates when the task was created and not when it will be run. The list of tasks is ignored until you run the stnamechange.cmd
program, which then operates on all of the tasks in the list, using the .CSV
files specified in the Name Change
Follow the steps below to create a name change task.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Community Servers.
- In the Sametime Community Servers list, click the deployment name of the server where you want to add a name change task. If you want to create a task to run on multiple servers, then click the deployment name of any of the servers on which you want to run the task.
- Click the Name Change tab.
- Click New.
Note: If you only want to edit a task, you can click the name of the scheduled task to edit it.
- Enter a name in the Name of Task field. The name is at your discretion. By default, the name is the date the task is created.
- Optional: Enter a description for the task.
- Browse for the CSV file you want to use, and then click OK.
- The name change task appears in the list of scheduled tasks.
All tasks listed here run when the stnamechange.cmd is run.
After you have completed these steps on one Sametime
Community server, it is necessary to repeat this process on other servers in distributed environment.
When you are finished configuring the task, name changes are saved to the stnamechange.nsf
file. For a clustered environment, create this task on one server per cluster. All other servers receive the changes through the cluster replication process.
® picks up all valid name change tasks in the stnamechange.nsf
file. You choose the servers or cluster on which the name change task runs on a regular basis using general scheduling tools. The application does not run by default; you must run the task manually.
To Delete a name change task, on the Name Change page, select the task, and then click Delete
. If any name changes are entered incorrectly, you can import a new CSV file.
Parent topic: Preparing for changing names
Previous topic: Creating a comma separated value file