Creating a Person document for the administratorAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Administrators must have a Person document in the Domino® Directory.
Administrators must have a Person document in the Domino
About this task
Follow these steps to create a Person document using the Sametime
® Administration Tool. If the administrator whom you are adding already has a Person document that contains a last name, user name, and Internet password, skip this procedure.
Parent topic: Adding a Sametime administrator in Domino LDAP
Next topic: Creating an Administrators Group document
- From the Sametime server home page, click Administer the Server.
- From the Sametime Administration Tool, click LDAP Directory.
Note: For native Domino Directory (non-LDAP) click Domino.
- Choose Add Person.
- In the Person document, select the Basics tab.
- Enter the user's first, middle, and last name in the appropriate fields. Only the last name is required.
- Enter a name for the user in the User Name field. An entry in this field is required for the user to authenticate with the Sametime server.
You can use any of the following characters in a user name: A - Z, 0 - 9, dash (-), period (.), underscore (_), and space. Using other characters can cause unexpected results.
- Enter an Internet password for the person in the "Internet password" field. An entry in this field is required for the user to authenticate when accessing the Sametime Administration Tool. There are no restrictions on the number of characters used in the Internet password.
Password character restrictions
In addition to non-English characters, the following characters must not be included in passwords used by Sametime:
: \ } ’ " &
- Click Save & Close. The Person document is added to the Directory.