If you plan to support iPhone clients with Sametime
® 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1, create a database for the Sametime
Proxy Server and configure JNDI Resources for database access.
About this task
First create a database and then configure JNDI resources to provide access to the database.
- On the DB2® server, log in to the system as the DB2 administrator created during DB2 installation.
- From the folder where you extracted STProxyHotFix.zip, copy the DatabaseScripts folder to a local directory.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where you copied the DatabaseScripts folder.
- Create the database by entering one of the following commands from the DatabaseScripts folder. Wait until you see confirmation that the database has been created and the command has finished.
AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris
- ./createProxyDB.sh STPROXY dbadmin
- createProxyDB.bat STPROXY dbadmin
Close the command window.
Open the DB2 control center.
in the command if you want to choose a different database name. Names can be from 1 - 8 characters, but cannot contain special or multibyte characters.
with the DB2
Application User ID you created when you installed DB2
. This user has database administration authority.
When naming DB2 objects, follow the rules for your operating system.
AIX, Linux, or Solaris
Find the database name to verify that the new database was created.
Verify that the Deployment Manager and node agent have been started.
On the server being updated, copy proxyDbSetup.py from the DatabaseScripts folder to was_install_root\STPServerCell.
In a text editor, open the proxy.properties file stored in was_install_root\STPServerPN_or_SN\SametimeProxyServerOffering\SametimeServer\STProxy\proxy\.
Edit the following values:
Open the IBM® DB2 folder on the desktop and click Control Center.
Click Start -> Programs -> IBM DB2 -> General Administration Tools -> Control Center.
From the cell directory, run the following command:
..\AppServer\profiles\proxyProfileName/bin wsadmin.bat -lang jython -user wasUser -password wasPwd -f "script_location/proxyDBSetup.py" "was_install_root\STPServerPN\SametimeProxyServerOffering\SametimeServer\STProxy\proxy\proxy.properties"
After the script completes, verify the JNDI resources.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Resources -> JDBC -> JDBC Providers and review the provider named DB2 Using IBM JCC Driver.
- Click Resources -> JDBC -> Data sources and review the data source named STProxyDataSource.
You cannot test the data source until you update the Proxy Server with Interim Feature Release 1, which installs the required DB2 .jar and license files.
Parent topic: Preparing to update Sametime 8.5.2 on AIX, Linux, Solaris, or Windows