Before installing IBM
® Advanced, create a database to store its data.
About this task
Run the scripts that come with the Sametime
Advanced Server package. They are also included with Sametime
Standard in the DB2
® installation package.
- On the DB2 server, log in to the system as the DB2 administrator created during DB2 installation.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where you extracted the SametimeAdvancedServer installation package.
- Create the database by entering one of the following commands from the SametimeDB2 folder. Wait until you see confirmation that the database has been created and the command has finished.
AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris
Close the command window.
- ./createAdvancedDb.sh STADV dbadmin
- createAdvancedDb.bat STADV dbadmin
Replace STADV in the command if you want to choose a different database name. Names can be from 1 - 8 characters, but cannot contain special or multibyte characters.
Verify that the new database was created either from the command line or by using the DB2
From the command line
View the output from running the create script and enter the following command:
db2 connect to STADV
represents the name of the database you created. Verify that you can connect to the database.
From the DB2 control center
AIX, Linux, or SolarisParent topic: Installing Sametime Advanced 8.5.2
Open the IBM DB2 folder on the desktop and click Control Center.
Click Start -> Programs -> IBM DB2 -> General Administration Tools -> Control Center.