Creating meeting user groups in a mixed-license environmentAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add groups for users who have Sametime® Standard or Sametime Advanced home servers and therefore are entitled to access meeting features. Users who are not members of these groups are prevented from using meetings.
Add groups for users who have Sametime
® Standard or Sametime
Advanced home servers and therefore are entitled to access meeting features. Users who are not members of these groups are prevented from using meetings.
Before you begin
Plan how many groups you need for your organization. Make sure that you have Editor access or Author access with the GroupCreator role in the IBM Lotus Domino Directory.
About this task
Follow these steps for each group you want to create.
Parent topic: Configuring a mixed-license environment with clients that connect to Sametime Entry servers
Configuring users in a mixed-license environment with Sametime Entry servers
- From the Domino Administrator or Web Administrator, click the People & Groups tab.
- Select Domino Directories, and then select Groups -> Add Group.
- On the Basics tab, enter a name for the group in the Group name field (for example, Meeting Creator Group 1 or Meeting Attender Group 1).
- Select a Group type.
- List the members of the group in the Members field. Make sure to enter a name exactly as it is entered in the top line of the User name field of the user's Person document.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Enter the names of the group owners in the Owners field. Generally, the group owner is the administrator creating the group.
- Click Save and Close.