Create an object cache for the IBM
® proxy server so it can track which server hosts each online meeting.
Before you begin
Add one or more WebSphere
proxy servers that will operate with a cluster of IBM
Sametime Meeting Servers.
About this task
proxy server requires an object cache in which to store information tracking which online meetings are hosted on which Sametime Meeting Servers.
Parent topic: Configuring a WebSphere proxy server
- Log in to the Deployment Manager's (the Sametime System Console) Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
- Click Resources -> Cache Instances -> Object Cache Instances.
- Click in the Scope field and select a WebSphere proxy server that will be used by the cluster of Sametime Meeting Servers.
- Click New.
This launches a wizard to create the new object cache.
- In the "New Object Cache" dialog box, click in the Name field and type a descriptive name for the new cache; for example "Wasproxy1_Id_Cache".
This must be a unique name not already used on the WebSphere Proxy server.
- In the JNDI Name field, type proxy/rtc4web_id_cache exactly as shown.
- Click OK to complete the wizard.
- Save your changes to the master configuration by clicking the Save button when prompted.
- Repeat this process for each WebSphere proxy server used by the cluster.