Creating the widget catalogAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|The widgets catalog centrally houses available widgets.
The widgets catalog centrally houses available widgets.
About this task
Administrators and power users can use the supplied catalog template to create a widgets catalog on a server.
Parent topic: Administering Widgets and Live Text
Widgets and Live Text overview
Catalog options and access
Creating a features and plugins deployment widget
Using a widget to deploy a client plugin sta852ifr1
Deploying client plug-ins with widgets and the widget catalog
- Obtain the widget catalog template (toolbox.ntf).
The template is installed with the IBM® Lotus® Domino® server.
- Create the widget catalog, for example named toolbox.nsf, using the supplied toolbox.ntf template.
- Assign ACLs to control access rights to the catalog application for administrators, power users, and end users.
Administrators and power users need read and write access to the catalog.
Administrators must be granted the [Admins] role in the catalog Access Control List (ACL). Administrators also need one of the following access rights to the catalog:
End users may not be set up to browse and access the catalog directly but rather to obtain widget actions automatically by way of their membership in specific widget categories. End users, if they are not allowed to create and configure widgets, need Reader access to the catalog; otherwise it is recommended that end users are granted Author access to the catalog.
- Once you have created the catalog, optionally create an initial set of categories for the catalog.
There are two types of predefined categories in the catalog - administrator categories and categories. Both of these categories are defined in the Administration/Keyword view. Administrator categories are named "ADMIN-Categories", while the other categories keyword is named "Categories".
Note: You can assign policies or preferences to designate user access to the catalog.
- Enable the Toolbox Sweeper agent, which is a scheduled agent set to run against new and modified documents. This agent ensures that Widget documents are properly created and populated; if a problem is found the offending document is removed from the user views, is placed in the Administration/Document Queue, and an e-mail is sent to the document author informing him of the problem. Enable the Sweeper agent by selecting View -> Agents, highlighting the Toolbox Sweeper agent, and then clicking Enable. You will be prompted to choose which server to run the agent on; choose the server where you have deployed the catalog.
Catalog options and access
The widgets catalog is a server-based application that contains all centrally managed widgets and their underlying XML extension definitions, including content types and recognizers. The catalog is based on the IBM® Lotus® Domino® server-supplied Widget Catalog template (TOOLBOX.NTF) and its access is controlled by a combination of application ACLs and Domino policies (or PLUGIN_CUSTOMIZATION.INI preferences), as well as widget categories.