Users can browse the widgets catalog and obtain widgets from it, and optionally add widgets to the catalog, provided their Widgets preferences point to the catalog and the catalog ACL settings enable their access.
For the stand-alone version of IBM
®, both Widgets are Live Text are initially disabled, including the preferences panels, which are hidden. To enable them, the Sametime
administrator must enable this preference using either managed preferences or the plugin_customization.ini file as follows:
For the version of IBM Sametime
embedded in Lotus Notes
®, users will not see the My Widgets panel by default; however, they can display it by clicking File
and enabling the Show Widget Toolbar and the My Widgets Sidebar panel
option, which is disabled by default. Enabling the Show Widget Toolbar and the My Widgets Sidebar panel
option allows for full Widgets and Live Text access. The My Widgets sidebar panel and the Widgets menus and toolbar will be visible and the user can create and publish widget components, actions, content types, and recognizers. However, the administrator can use IBM Lotus
® policy or Eclipse preferences to control user access to various aspects of Widgets and Live Text functionality, often based on end user or power user type.
Before installing IBM Sametime
, the administrator can change the default behavior specified above using Domino
policy or the install kit's plugin_customization.ini file. These settings can also be changed after install using Domino
policy or the installed plugin_customization.ini (for example, install dir
If no Domino
policy or plugin_customization.ini file Eclipse preferences are specified, all Widgets and Live Text functionality is available.
Whether the user can see the My Widgets panel and toolbar or not, she can see and act on Live Text.
Default policy and preferences
By default, the following conditions exist when no policy or preferences changes have been made:
Parent topic: Widgets and Live Text overview
Widgets and Live Text overview
Controlling Widgets and Live Text access using Eclipse preferences
Administering Widgets and Live Text
Using a widget to deploy a client plugin sta852ifr1
Deploying client plug-ins with widgets and the widget catalog
- The Catalog server preference is blank.
- The Catalog name preference is toolbox.nsf.
- The Categories to install preference is blank.
- The Show Widget Toolbar and the My Widgets Sidebar panel preference is available but unchecked (Notes® only).
If the option is checked, the following default settings are set and their associated behaviors are available.
- The Create and manage an action setting is enabled.
- The Create and manage recognizers and content types setting is enabled.
- The Send widgets using e-mail setting is enabled.
- The Install widgets from e-mail or other setting is enabled.
- The Publish to catalog setting is enabled.
- The Enable default recognizers (these are the supplied advanced recognizers of People (names), Address, and Organization) setting is enabled.