Defining offline message settings for individual Community ServersAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Edit the sametime.ini file on a Sametime® Community Server to change offline message settings that define the deletion task intervals, the server locale, and debugging levels.
Edit the sametime.ini
file on a Sametime
® Community Server to change offline message settings that define the deletion task intervals, the server locale, and debugging levels.
- In a text editor, open the sametime.ini file, which is located in the Sametime Community Server installation directory (for example: C:\Program Files\lotus\domino).
- Navigate to the [stofflinemessages] section.
- Edit or confirm the start time for the deletion task, which purges expired offline messages from the database. Run the deletion task during off hours if possible for best performance.
Edit or confirm the value for the server locale in the STOFFLINE_MSGS_LANGUAGE flag. The default is en.
Edit or confirm the value for the debugging level. The value can be a number from 0 to 5. The default is 5, the highest level of debugging.
- The STOFFLINE_MSGS_DELETE_TASK_START_TIME flag defines a specific start time for the deletion task, expressed in the format HH:MM:SS. Hours are defined in 24-hour format, from 00 to 23. Minutes are from 00 to 59 and seconds are 00 to 59. Without a start time set, the deletion task runs by default as soon as the StOfflineMessages application starts.
The start time goes into effect after the offline message service starts. A start time of 23:00:00 runs the deletion task at 11:00 PM if the service has been started before that time. As long as the service continues to run, the deletion task runs once every 24 hours.
- 0 - no debugging
- 1 - SEVERE
- 2 - WARNING
- 3 - INFO
- 4 - FINER
- 5 - FINEST (highest level of debugging)
The offline messaging debugging log is stored in the Trace folder with other logs and is saved in the following format:
Close and save the file.
Parent topic: Managing community services
Setting up the offline messaging service for all community servers