Disabling IPv6 addressing on the Media ManagerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Disable IPv6 addressing support for the IBM® WebSphere® Application Server on which the Media Manager components are hosted. This task is required for all operating systems.
Disable IPv6 addressing support for the IBM
® Application Server on which the Media Manager components are hosted. This task is required for all operating systems.
About this task
Disable IPv6 support by setting the java.net.preferIPv4Stack
custom property to true in IBM WebSphere
- On the computer hosting the Media Manager or one of its components, log in to the Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
If the Media Manager component is clustered, complete this task on the cluster’s Deployment Manager.
- Click Servers -> Application Servers.
- In the list of application servers, click the server hosting the Media Manager or component.
- On the Configuration page, locate the "Server Infrastructure" section, and click Java and process management -> Process definition -> Java virtual machine -> Custom Properties.
- Do one of the following:
Do one of the following:
- If the java.net.preferIPv4Stack custom property is listed, edit it and set its Value to true.
- If the java.net.preferIPv4Stack custom property is not listed, create it now by clicking New and assigning it the following values before clicking OK:
- Name: java.net.preferIPv4Stack
- Value: true
- For a stand-alone Media Manager or component, restart the server.
- For a clustered Media Manager component, synchronize nodes and restart the cluster as follows:
Parent topic: Installing a Sametime Media Manager on Linux or Windows
Previous topic: Adding the Sametime Media Manager to the Sametime Community Server’s trusted IP addresses
Next topic: Verifying the SIP Proxy and Registrar virtual host
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Select all nodes in the cluster.
- Click Full Resynchronize.
- Back in the navigator, click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click a node agent, and then click Restart all servers on Node.