If you installed the SIP Proxy and Registrar on separate machines or as a separate cell profile from the other IBM
® Media Manager components, you must extract the signed security certificate from the Conference Manager and Packet Switcher components and add the certificates to the SIP Proxy and Registrar. This step does not apply if you installed all components of the Sametime
Media Manager and SIP Proxy and Registrar on the same cell profile.
Before you begin
Extract the certificate used by each Conference Manager and Packet Switcher component and copy it to a location from which the SIP Proxy and Registrar can copy the file.
Select the Alias default if you used a self-signed certificate or select the appropriate signed certificate you want to share and click Extract.
Type a unique file name for the signed certificate.
Copy the extracted certificate to a location from which the SIP Proxy and Registrar component can retrieve the file.
Repeat this procedure for the Packet Switcher.
- Log in to the IBM WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the server that has the Conference Manager certificate.
- Click Security -> SSL Certificates and key management -> Key stores and certificates -> NodeDefaultKeyStore -> Personal certificates.
About this task
Follow these steps to add from the Conference Manager and Packet Switcher components the signed certificates to the SIP Proxy and Registrar.
Parent topic: Configuring Transport Layer security for the Sametime Media Manager
- Log in to the SIP Proxy and Registrar component's Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Security -> SSL Certificates and key management -> Key stores and certificates -> CellDefaultTrustStore -> Signer certificates.
Note: If CellDefaultTrustStore is not in the table then choose NodeDefaultTrustStore.
- Click Add.
- In the Alias field, type a description for the certificate. Include information about what kind of certificate it is, such as an internal self-signed certificate, a public self-signed certificate or a public Certificate Authority.
- In the File name field, type the path to the certificate file; for example:
c:\cm-pr.cer or c:\ps-pr.cer
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Restart the server.
- Repeat these steps for each Media Manager component.