Editing the Mac client install package on the networkAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can customize the Sametime Connect client installation package for Mac clients.
You can customize the Sametime Connect client installation package for Mac clients.
About this task
Follow these steps to customize the install.xml
file on the network.
Parent topic: Editing the client install package on the network
- Locate the Mac installer tar file and untar it:
AIX, Linux, or Solaris servers
IBM i server
- Open the install.xml file in the directory where you untarred the installation package:
- Edit theinstall.xml to uncomment any optional features you wish to include in the install.
Optional features are commented out like this:
<!-- This is the beginning of a comment marker
The following characters mark the end of the comment: -->
Everything between the markers is ignored as a comment. To enable a feature, either copy it and place it outside of the commented section, or move the comment markers as needed to exclude the feature from the commented section.
- If you created a custom plugin, add the custom features to install.
- Save and close the file.
- Tar the customized Mac installation package and replace the existing one with the customized one.