Editing the install.addon.xml file for the Lotus Notes embedded clientAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can customize the install.addon.xml file for the Sametime client that is embedded in Lotus Notes® on Microsoft® Windows® and on Mac OS X. Optional features are not available on the Linux embedded client.
You can customize the install.addon.xml
file for the Sametime client that is embedded in Lotus Notes
® on Microsoft
® and on Mac OS X. Optional features are not available on the Linux embedded client.
Before you begin
Download the client installation files to prepare them for customizing.
About this task
Follow these steps to customize the install.addon.xml
file to add optional features to the Lotus Notes
embedded client installation package.
- Navigate to the .\deploy folder for the appropriate client operating system. Open the install.xml file in a text editor.
- Locate the section that starts with the following statement near the end of the file:
The following Sametime features are optional,
and may be uncommented in order to be deployed.
- Remove the comment markers to enable desired features:
- By default, all of the features in this section are disabled because they are commented out.
- You can enable any combination of features.
- You can enable any, or all, of these features by moving the comment markers to the appropriate position.
- Make sure to comment entire features (from the opening <feature marker through the closing /> marker.
- Begin a comment with this marker: <!--
- End a comment with this marker: -->
Save and close the deploy\install.addon.xml file.
Repackage the CD or download image before distributing to your users.
<!-- This is a sample comment;
it can run across multiple lines in the file -->
The marker can be on the same line as other text, or on its own line.
For example, you may want to enable one or more Microsoft
Office Integration features for clients running on Windows
Table 1. Microsoft Office Integration features available on Windows
|com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.exchange||Provides automatic availability status updates in Sametime® livenames based on Microsoft Outlook calendar entries. |
|com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.oi.sharepoint.feature ||Provides awareness and instant messaging among Sametime users who are using an Office SharePoint site. |
|com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.oi.toolbar ||Provides an action toolbar in Microsoft Outlook containing Sametime instant messaging actions, including access to the contact list, status, and location information. |
|com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.oi.webConfTab||Provides the ability to reserve Sametime meetings from the Sametime tab in Microsoft Outlook meetings. |
|com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.oi.smarttags||Provides Sametime instant messaging actions in the Microsoft Office document Smart Tags menu and the toolbar for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.|
Parent topic: Customizing client installation files