Editing the plugin_customization.ini file to add custom features and change default preferencesAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can customize the plugin_customization.ini file to add features from a custom plugin or to change the default installed preferences.
You can customize the plugin_customization.ini
file to add features from a custom plugin or to change the default installed preferences.
Before you begin
Download the client installation files to prepare them for customizing.
Follow these steps to customize the plugin_customization.ini
- Open the downloaded plugin_customization.ini file in a text editor.
- Change the default preferences that you want users to receive. For a list of preferences you can add, see Sametime client preferences.
After installation, users can manually override the preferences set with the plugin_customization.ini file by using the Preferences dialog in their Sametime Connect clients. If you prefer to set preferences at runtime with the option of locking the preferences, use the Expeditor managed settings framework to set read-only preferences instead.
- If you created a custom plugin, identify the features to install.
- Add the features to the plugin_customization.ini file.
- If you did not sign the plugin, comment out these four lines from the plugin_customization.ini file. Otherwise the installation will fail:
- Close and save the file.
- Repackage the CD or download image before distributing it to your users. If you are making the client installation package available from the Sametime Welcome page, generate a new installation package.
What to do next
If you plan to install clients in silent mode, change the CREATECOMMUNITYTEMPLATE setting in the silentinstall.ini
file to false
Parent topic: Customizing client installation files
Configuring Sametime Connect client preferences with the Expeditor managed settings framework
Preparing to install Sametime Connect clients in silent mode
Making the client installation package available from the Sametime Welcome page