Importing an SSL certificate on IBM iAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|To enable SSL for IBM® Sametime running on IBM i, import the IBM Lotus® Domino® server's SSL certificate into the keystore.
To enable SSL for IBM
® Sametime running on IBM
i, import the IBM Lotus
® server's SSL certificate into the keystore.
Before you begin
Make sure you have copied one of the following certificates from the server into the Sametime server's data directory:
- CA.txt (the trusted root certificate)
- Server.txt (the SSL server certificate)
About this task
Follow the steps below to import the SSL certificate into the keystore on the Sametime server:
Parent topic: Importing the Lotus Domino server's SSL certificate into the keystore
- From an IBM i command line, run the following command to start qshell:
- From qshell, run the following keytool command:
keytool -import -alias certificate_name
- certificate_name is CA.txt
- certificate_filename is also CA.txt
- keystore_password is "sametime."
Note: On IBM i versions of Sametime®, stkeys.jks is provided by default and uses "sametime" as the default password
- keystore_path_and_filename is stserver/data/stkeys.jks
keytool -import -alias stserver1cert
- After you have imported the certificate, use the following command to view the list of certificates in the stkeys.jks file and verify that the certificate was imported successfully:
keytool -list -storepass keystore_password
keytool -list -storepass sametime
- Press F3 to exit qshell.