Improving performance when tracing is enabled on the WebSphere proxy serverAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you enable tracing on an IBM® WebSphere® proxy server, improve performance by disabling attempts to resolve the client’s IP addresses to host names before writing to the log.
If you enable tracing on an IBM
® proxy server, improve performance by disabling attempts to resolve the client’s IP addresses to host names before writing to the log.
About this task
Follow these steps to create a custom property called "disableTraceHostNameLookup."
Parent topic: Troubleshooting a Sametime Meeting Server cluster
- Log in to the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console as the WebSphere administrator.
- Click Servers -> Server Types -> WebSphere proxy servers.
- In the table listing the WebSphere proxy servers, click the link representing the proxy server you want to modify.
This displays the Configuration tab for the selected proxy server.
- Click SIP Proxy Server Settings -> SIP proxy settings.
- Under "Additional Properties," click Custom Properties.
- In the table listing the custom properties, click New .
- Create a new entry named disableTraceHostNameLookup with the value true.
- Click OK to save the new custom property.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for every WebSphere proxy server that is operating with the cluster.
- Synchronize the nodes and restart the cluster of Sametime® servers:
- In the Deployment Manager's Integrated Solutions Console, click System Administration -> Nodes.
- Select all nodes in the cluster.
- Back in the navigator, click System Administration -> Node agents.
- Click a node agent, and then click Restart; repeat for each node agent.