Install GSKit on a server that runs on IBM
About this task
® also ships with a version of GSKit, but for this task you must use the version included with Sametime.
To install GSKit on AIX
, follow the steps below:
Parent topic: Installing GSKit on the Sametime Community Server
- Log on to the server as the root user.
- Stop the Lotus Domino and Sametime server.
- Download the GSKit directory to a temporary location on the server.
- Expand the GSKit package.
- Install GSKit to the relevant operating system (32-bit or 64-bit) as follows:
- Change to the directory into which you expanded the package.
- Uncompress the .tar files by using the following commands:
zcat gskcrypt32-version_number.aix.ppc.tar.Z | tar –xf –
zcat gskssl32-version_number.aix.ppc.tar.Z | tar –xf –
The string version_number
represents the version number of GSKit being installed, such as 18.104.22.168, and can vary as new modifications of GSKit are released.
- Install GSKit v8 by using the following command:
installp -acgqw -d /tmp/MQ/gsk8 GSKit8.gskcrypt32.ppc.rte \
represents the directory into which you expanded the package.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the java VM installed under the Sametime binaries directory: