Install GSKit on a server that runs on Linux
About this task
® also ships with a version of GSKit, but for this task you must use the version included with Sametime
To install GSKit on Linux
, follow the steps below:
Parent topic: Installing GSKit on the Sametime Community Server
- Log on to the server as the root user.
- Stop the Lotus Domino and Sametime server.
- Download the GSKit directory to a temporary location on the server.
- Expand the GSKit package into a temporary directory.
- Install GSKit to the relevant operating system (32-bit or 64-bit) as follows:
- Change to the temporary directory where you expanded the GSKit package.
- Install the packages into the usr/lib directory by using the following command:
rpm -Uv -ivh /usr/lib gskcrypt32-version_number.linux.arch.rpm gskssl32-version_number.linux.arch.rpm
The string version_number
represents the version number of GSKit being installed, such as 220.127.116.11, and can vary as new modifications of GSKit are released.
The string arch
represents your system architecture, for example x86.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the Java™ VM installed under the Sametime binaries directory:
JAVA_HOME=/opt/ibm/lotus/notes/latest/linux/ibm-jre/jre export JAVA_HOME