Installing GSKit on a Sametime Community Server (Windows)Added by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Install the GSKit on a server that runs on Windows®.
Install the GSKit on a server that runs on Windows
About this task
® also ships with a version of GSKit, but for this task you must use the version included with Sametime.
To install GSKit on Microsoft
, follow the steps below:
Parent topic: Installing GSKit on the Sametime Community Server
- Log on to the server as the Windows administrator.
- Stop the Lotus Domino and Sametime server.
- Download the GSKit directory to a temporary location on the server.
- Extract the GSKit package to a temporary directory.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the path of the temporary directory.
- Install GSKit to the relevant operating system (32-bit or 64-bit) as follows:
- Double-click the gsk8crypt32.exe file and follow the installation prompts, and progress through the wizard following the prompts until the product is successfully installed.
- Repeat for the gsk8ssl32.exe file.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the Java™ VM installed under the Sametime binaries directory:
- From the Windows desktop, right click on the My Computer icon and select System Properties.
- In the "System Properties" dialog box, select the Advanced tab.
- Click the Environment Variables button.
- In the "New System Variable" dialog box, click the New button under the "System Variables" list, and enter the following information:
Table 1. Defining the new JAVA_HOME environment variable
|Variable name||Variable value|
- Click OK to close the "New System Variable" dialog box.
- Click OK to close the "Environment Variables" dialog box.
- Click OK to close the "System Properties" dialog box.