Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on servers running on WebSphere Application
ServerAdded by IBM | Edited by Elizabeth Bowling on January 6, 2012 | Version 2 (Show original)
|Use this procedure to apply the Interim Feature Release to Sametime® Proxy Server, Sametime Media Manager, Sametime Meeting Server, and Sametime Advanced. Procedures for Sametime System Console, Sametime Community Server, and Sametime Gateway are explained in other topics.
Use this procedure to apply the Interim Feature Release to Sametime
® Proxy Server, Sametime
Media Manager, Sametime
Meeting Server, and Sametime
Advanced. Procedures for Sametime
System Console, Sametime
Community Server, and Sametime
Gateway are explained in other topics.
Before you begin
- Attention: It is suggested that you configure WebSphere Application Server with a single subnet for network traffic. You can use one Network interface card (NIC) on a physical machine or logical partition (LPAR).
- Download and extract the files for Interim Feature Release 1.
- Update Installation Manager if the administrator name or password has changed.
- (Optional) Create a Proxy Server database to support iPhone clients.
- Update the Sametime System Console and optionally, the Sametime Community Server, before you update any of the other Sametime servers that run on WebSphere Application Server.
- Start the Sametime System Console and the Deployment Manager.
- Stop the WebSphere proxy server if it is enabled and running.
- If you have multiple Sametime components on one computer, leave the Sametime System Console running and stop all other WebSphere Application Server processes. If the computer runs only one Sametime component, you do not need to stop the Sametime server you are about to update.
- If you are upgrading a cluster, stop all the nodes in the cluster.
About this task
Remember to update all nodes in the cluster because Sametime
does not support clusters in which nodes are running different versions of the product. Update the primary node first, then secondary nodes.
- On the server to be updated, navigate to the directory where you copied and extracted the installation files.
- Launch the installation program using the appropriate command for your operating system.
To install with a graphical user interface, run with these commands and follow the prompts to proceed through the installation. There are no selections to make unless you have multiple Installation Manager package groups. In that case, choose the Interim Feature Release 1 package.
Important: Verify that all information is correct in the review panel before proceeding with the upgrade.
AIX, Linux, and Solaris
If you prefer to install silently, run with these commands instead:
AIX, Linux, and Solaris
The update takes about 30 minutes to finish. Check the output to ensure there were no errors.
What to do next
If you will be supporting iPhone clients, complete these additional tasks:
1. Open ports 2195 and 2196 on the Sametime Proxy Server and the Apple Push Notification Server to enable push notifications for incoming Sametime messages.
Parent topic: Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1
Previous topic: Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on the Sametime Community Server
Next topic: Installing Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 on a Gateway server
Downloading files for Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1