If you must install additional WebSphere
® Application Server software updates, perform this step on each of the servers in your deployment running on WebSphere
Before you begin
To perform these steps, you must have already installed the WebSphere
Application Server Update Installer.
About this task
Follow these steps to install the WebSphere
Application Server software updates, if required. This procedure is described in more detail in the WebSphere
Application Server 7.0 information center topic, Installing maintenance packages, interim fixes, fix packs, and refresh packs
System requirements for this release of the Sametime
® family of products are maintained as an IBM
® Technote at the following web addresses:
Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (Sametime 8.5.2 must be installed first)
If you upgraded to WebSphere
Application Server 188.8.131.52 on any Sametime
servers, additional fixes are needed, as described in this tech note.
- Download the WebSphere Application Server maintenance package if you have not already done so.
- Download WebSphere Application Server updates provided with IBM Sametime:
- To download installation packages, you must have an IBM Passport Advantage® account. For information on using Passport Advantage, see the topic Using Passport Advantage to download IBM products.
- Open this release's Download document at the following web address:
- Do not attempt to unpack the *.pak file. If your browser changes the download package from *.pak file to *.zip, do not attempt to unzip the package. Instead, rename the file to *.pak and proceed to the next step without unzipping the renamed *.pak file.
- Ensure that you stop all running processes as described in Command reference for starting and stopping servers.
- Stop all Java™ processes that use the IBM Software Developer Kit (SDK) that the WebSphere Application Server product provides, as described in Installing maintenance packages, interim fixes, fix packs, and refresh packs.
- If you have not already launched the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer, log in with the same user account used to install the Sametime software, then navigate to the directory where you installed the Update Installer and run the update program.
AIX®, Linux™, and Solaris
- The Welcome screen is displayed. Click Next.
- Specify the location of the product that you want updated.
- Accept the default to Install maintenance. Click Next.
- At the prompt, enter the directory name containing the Sametime update packages (for example, maintenance). Click Next.
- The system will automatically determine the appropriate maintenance packages based on the version of the product that is installed. Click Next.
- Before the installation, the Confirmation panel confirms which packages will be installed. Click Next.
- After you install the update package, check the installation log to verify that the install is successful. The log can be found at was_install_root/logs/update/maintenance_package.install.
- Start the servers as described in Command reference for starting and stopping servers.
To verify which updates have been installed, run the versionInfo command from the was_install_root
./versionInfo.sh -maintenancePackages > version.txt
versionInfo -maintenancePackages > version.txt
The command creates a text file that lists all the WebSphere
Application Server updates that have been installed on the system.
Parent topic: Installing the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer
Installing the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer