If you are installing a new IBM
® server for your IBM Sametime
® server, use these general directions to remind you of the necessary steps to install Lotus Domino
; this procedure assumes that you have a working knowledge of Lotus Domino
administration. Lotus Domino
must use a 32-bit version even if you are installing on a 64-bit Microsoft
Before you begin
If you are adding a server to an existing Lotus Domino
domain, you need to register the server before you can install Lotus Domino
. The registration process creates a Server document in the Lotus Domino
Specify the following settings during registration:
- Store the server ID file that is created during registration somewhere on the system where you will configure the Lotus Sametime server. Record the path name; you need to specify it when you configure the Lotus Sametime server.
- Use the same network name as the first Lotus Domino server in the Lotus Domino domain.
To install Lotus Domino
operating systems, follow these steps.
- Run the installation program (setup.exe), which is on the Lotus Domino server installation CD.
- Read the Welcome window, and click Next. Then read the License Agreement and click Yes.
- Enter the administrator's name and the company name. Do not elect to install Lotus Domino on partitioned servers.
- Select the program and data directory in which to copy the software.
Make note of the locations that you provide for the Lotus Domino program and data directories. You need this information when you install Sametime. Click Next.
- Select Domino Enterprise Server as the server type.
- Click Next to accept all components.
- Specify the program folder or accept Lotus Applications as the program folder that contains the software.
- Click Finish.
- For Lotus Domino 8.5 and 8.5.1 only: Create a file to modify XML transforms needed by Sametime.
For more information about this step, read the technote:
- Navigate to the Domino_program_directory\jvm\lib directory.
- Create a file called jaxp.properties.
- Add the following line to the file:
- Save and close the file.
- Click Start -> Programs -> Lotus Applications -> Lotus Domino Server to start the Server Setup program.
Answer the questions to finish setting up the Lotus Domino server.
What to do next
If you are installing, go to this topic next: Installing the Lotus Notes client and Lotus Domino administrative client
Parent topic: Installing a Lotus Domino server