® recommends that you install the latest available version of the CA eTrust SiteMinder Web Agent as well as the latest available hot fix that is certified by Computer Associates to work with the version of the HTTP server that you are using.
Before you begin
Before you begin, you must download the Siteminder V6-QMR5 W32 Web Agent installation files from the SiteMinder support site at .http://support.netegrity.com.
About this task
Refer to the SiteMinder platform support matrices for more details. These matrices can be obtained from the SiteMinder support site. You can also refer to the SiteMinder WebAgent Installation Guide
for details about configuring the Web Agent to work with the HTTP server that you are using. The application agent for IBM
Sametime Advanced should be v6.0 CR005 or later to ensure support of IBM WebSphere
® Application Server 6.1.
To install the SiteMinder Web Agent on platforms other than Microsoft
®, you can use the relevant Win32 instructions as a reference document. The same configuration information needs to be provided, regardless of platform. There are also additional instructions included with the Web Agent installation files that indicate platform-specific steps that are required for installing and configuring the Web Agent on a specific platform.
Follow these steps to install and configure the Win32 6x Web Agent for your HTTP server.
- If necessary, extract all the files from the ZIP file provided by SiteMinder.
- Start the Web Agent executable. The format is nete-wa-6qmrX-platform.exe. For example:
The CA SiteMinder Web Agent Introduction screen appears.
- Click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, scroll down and select I accept the terms of the License Agreement, and click Next.
- Click Next on the Important Information screen.
- On the Choose Install Location screen, accept the default location for installing the Web Agent or click Choose to select a different location, then click Next.
- Click Next on the Choose Shortcut Folder screen.
- Click Install on the Pre-Installation Summary screen.
- On the Install Complete screen, accept the defaults selection and click Done.
Your system restarts.
- Click Start -> Programs -> Siteminder -> Web Agent Configuration Wizard to start the Web Agent Configuration Wizard.
- On the Host Registration screen, select Yes, I would like to do Host Registration now, but do not select the Enable PKCS11 DLL Cryptographic Hardware check box. Click Next.
- On the Admin Registration screen, type the SiteMinder administrator name and password provided by your SiteMinder contact. Do not select the Enable Shared Secret Rollover check box. Click Next.
- On the Trusted Host Name and Configuration Object screen, type the trusted hostname and Host Conf Object provided by your SiteMinder contact. Click Next.
- On the Policy Server IP Address screen, type the SiteMinder Policy Server IP address provided by your SiteMinder contact and click Add. Click Next.
- On the Host Configuration file location screen, accept the default file name and location and click Next.
- On the Select Web Server(s) screen, select the check box next to the http server that you wish to configure with the Web Agent, and then click Next.
- On the Agent Configuration Object screen, enter the Agent Conf Object provided by the SiteMinder contact and click Next.
- On the Web Server Configuration Summary screen, click Install.
The Web Agent configuration process starts, and then the Configuration Complete screen appears.
- Click Done to complete the configuration process.
Note: You can ignore messages indicating that some warnings occurred during the installation. These warnings appear by default and do not affect the functionality of the Web Agent.
What to do next
There are additional steps that must be completed to enable the Web Agent to function properly for your server. Follow the additional instructions that are provided by your SiteMinder contact in order to complete this setup.
Parent topic: Configuring SiteMinder for the Sametime server
Previous topic: Configuring realms for Sametime
Next topic: Add the DSAPI filter file name to the Domino Directory