Installing the Community Services multiplexerAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|To deploy a stand-alone Community Services multiplexer, install it on a separate computer.
To deploy a stand-alone Community Services multiplexer, install it on a separate computer.
About this task
Follow these steps to install the Community Services multiplexer:
Parent topic: Installing and setting up a stand-alone Community Services multiplexer
Next topic: Configuring security for the multiplexer
- Insert the Sametime CD into the Community Services multiplexer machine, start the installation program, and choose the option to install the Community Services Mux.
- At the "Select a language" screen, select a language for the installer, and then click OK.
- At the "Welcome" screen, click Next.
- At the license agreement screen, click I accept both the IBM and the non-IBM terms, and then click Next.
- At the "Directory name" screen, browse to a the directory where you want to install the Community Mux (or accept the default), and then click Next.
- At the "Host name or IP address" screen, enter the fully qualified host name of the Sametime community server that this Community Mux will serve.
For best results, do not use an IP address.
- At the summary screen, click Install.
- At the "successfully installed" screen, click Finish.
- Windows™ 2008 only
After installation, perform the following required configuration step. In a text editor, open the sametime.ini file located in the Sametime
® Community Server installation directory. For example, the default directory in Windows
is C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Domino. Check for the following line to the [Config] section and add it if it is missing to ensure continuous connections for Sametime
Close and save the file, then restart the server.