To administer the Lotus
® server, you must install and configure at least one Microsoft
™ computer as the administration workstation.
Before you begin
Before you can install the Lotus Domino
administrator and Lotus Notes
® clients, you must have installed and set up the Lotus Domino
About this task
Use the IBM
® Lotus Domino
software that shipped with IBM
Sametime to install and configure the Lotus Domino
administrator and IBM Lotus Notes
clients on the administration workstation.
- If you are installing from physical media, insert the Lotus Notes Client CD into the computer you plan to use as the administrator's workstation.
- Start the installation wizard.
- Follow the instructions on each panel of the Lotus Notes installation wizard, selecting to install both the Lotus Domino administrator and Lotus Notes clients.
- Copy the certifier ID and administrator ID files from the Lotus data directory of your Lotus Domino server to the Lotus Notes data directory of the administrator workstation. You can use File Transfer Protocol (FTP) or another method, or you can let the initial communications between the server and administration workstation copy the files for you automatically.
- If necessary, start the Lotus Domino server.
- Open Lotus Notes.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard to configure the Lotus Notes client. If you have moved the certifier and administrator ID files to the computer that you have designated as your administration workstation, indicate the correct location when asked. If you have not copied the ID files, simply provide the user administrator name that you specified during HTTP setup. You are prompted for the password for this ID. The ID files are copied and stored on your administration workstation for you automatically.
What to do next
Verifying the Lotus Domino server document settings
Parent topic: Installing a Lotus Domino server