Users can install the IBM
® Connect client from the client CD or downloaded image on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
™ Desktop (RLED) or SUSE Linux
Enterprise Desktop (SLED) client.
Before you begin
If you are upgrading from release 8.0, the rpm upgrade command (-U) removes the 8.0 version of the client automatically; there is no option to retain the 8.0 version of the features.
About this task
To install the Sametime Connect client on a Linux
client, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the workstation as the root user.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux only: Disable Security Enhanced Linux on any Red Hat operating system.
- Log in as root on the Linux Red Hat server where you will install the software.
- Open the /etc/selinux/config file for editing.
- Locate the SELINUX setting. Change its value to either disable or permissive.
- Save and close the file.
- Restart the Linux server.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux only: Install the compat runtime library by running the following command:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x
rpm -ivh compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386.rpm
Note: There may be a later release of the compat library for your release.
Navigate to the Linux directory containing the install package.
Run the following install program:
Launch the Sametime Connect client using the "Sametime Connect" desktop launcher in the Office category.
rpm -i sametime-connect-8.5.2-timestamp.i586.rpm
rpm -u sametime-connect-8.5.2-timestamp.i586.rpm
Parent topic: Installing the Sametime Connect client from a CD
Uninstalling the Sametime Connect client on Linux
Alternatively, use the following command: