Users can install the IBM
® Connect client from the standalone client installer CD or corresponding downloaded image on a Microsoft
Before you begin
If the installation has been customized to install Microsoft
Office Integration features, you must ensure that no Office or Outlook processes are running at the time of the install. For more information, see the IBM
Tech Note 1307607 at:
<a href="http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rss=477&uid=swg21307607" target="external">www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=477&uid=swg21307607</a>
About this task
Follow these steps to install the Sametime
Connect client on a Windows
Parent topic: Installing the Sametime Connect client from a CD
Uninstalling the Sametime Connect client on Windows
- If the Sametime Connect client is running, shut it down before attempting to install the newer version.
- Important: Make a back-up copy of the directory where the earlier version of the client is installed, in case you need to revert to it.
- Navigate to the root of the CD or downloaded image.
- Double-click setup.exe to begin the installation.
If you have previous releases of the Connect client installed:
- Sametime Connect 7.5.x:
The default operation is to uninstall an existing client, but because the 8.5 client installs to a different directory, you can choose to retain the 7.5.x client by running the new installation with a special flag, as follows:
- Sametime Connect 8.0.x:
The 8.5.x client installs to the same path as the 8.0.x client, you cannot retain the older client when you install the 8.5.x client; the new client will replace the old client.
- Enter the required information when prompted.
- When the installation completes, launch the Sametime Connect client; by default Sametime Connect is installed to C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Sametime Connect.
- Now update the client with Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Fix Release 1 to install the latest features.