Installing the Sametime Connect client from the network on RHEL and SLEDAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|When network installation files are available, users can install IBM® Sametime Connect from a web browser on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® Desktop (RLED) or SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) client.
When network installation files are available, users can install IBM
® Sametime Connect from a web browser on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
® Desktop (RLED) or SUSE Linux
Enterprise Desktop (SLED) client.
About this task
To install the Sametime Connect client on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Desktop (RLED) or SUSE Linux
Enterprise Desktop (SLED) client perform the following steps:
Parent topic: Installing the Sametime Connect client from the network
Uninstalling the Sametime Connect client on Linux
- If you share a computer and another user already installed the Sametime Connect client, remove temporary files left by the previous installation:
- Log on the computer as the root user.
- Run the following command to remove the temporary files:
rm -rf /tmp/deploy /tmp/sametime-connect-*.rpm /tmp/install.sh
- Install the compat runtime library by running the following command:
rpm -ivh compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386.rpm
There may be a later release of the compat library for your release.
- Using a web browser, open the Sametime® Welcome page on your Sametime server.
For example, if the fully qualified host name of your Sametime server is stserver.example.com, you open http://stserver.example.com/stcenter.nsf.
- Click Download Sametime Connect 8.5.2 Client to display the "Welcome to the IBM Sametime Connect 8.5.2 Client Download Site" page.
- Click Install Now to begin the download and installation process.
Once all files have been downloaded, the actual client installer will start and runs automatically.
Tip: If there are problems running the network client installer applet, or if you want to install at a later time, you can select Save from the Welcome page instead. This shows you a downloads page where you can select the operating system of the installer you wish to save and follow the instructions for downloading the installer for later use.