Installing the Sametime Connect client from the network on WindowsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|When network installation files are available, users can install Sametime Connect from a web browser on Windows®.
When network installation files are available, users can install Sametime Connect from a web browser on Windows
Parent topic: Installing the Sametime Connect client from the network
Uninstalling the Sametime Connect client on Windows
- (Optional) Set default preferences in the plugin_customization.ini file located in the \network-install\install.win\deploy directory.
- Using a web browser, open the Sametime® Welcome page on your Sametime server.
For example, if the fully qualified host name of your Sametime server is stserver.example.com, you open http://stserver.example.com/stcenter.nsf.
- Click Download Sametime Connect 8.5.2 Client to display the "Welcome to the IBM® Sametime Connect 8.5.2 Client Download Site" page.
- Click Install Now to begin the download and installation process.
Once all files have been downloaded, the actual client installer will start. Follow the instructions in the installer and enter the required information to complete the installation.
Tip: If there are problems running the network client installer applet, or if you want to install at a later time, you can select Save from the Welcome page instead. This shows you a downloads page where you can select the operating system of the installer you wish to save and follow the instructions for downloading the installer for later use.
- Now update the client with Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Fix Release 1 to install the latest features.