Installing the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer after updatingAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You must use the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer to update an existing WebSphere® Application Server installation. If you have not done so, install the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer.
You must use the WebSphere Application Server Update Installer to update an existing WebSphere
® Application Server installation. If you have not done so, install the WebSphere
Application Server Update Installer.
About this task
Update Installer is installed in a sub-directory ComponentNameHotFix/native
of each of the component updates (for example, STConsoleHotfix/native
). Follow these steps to install the Update Installer.
Parent topic: Installing WebSphere Application Server updates for Interim Feature Release 1
Next topic: Applying WebSphere Application Server updates
- Log in with the same user account used to install the Sametime® software.
- On the local system, navigate to the directory where you stored the Sametime Interim Fix Release 1 files.
- In the ComponentNameHotFix/native subdirectory of the package you extracted, extract the updateInstaller package for your platform.
- Navigate to the directory where you extracted the Update Installer and run the install program.
AIX®, Linux™, or Solaris
- The installation wizard initializes and displays the Welcome screen.
- If you are running on Linux Red Hat and you select the documentation links in the installation program for the Update Installer, your Web browser might not launch. The path to the web browser is not included in your PATH environment variable. To resolve this problem, you can add the web browser path to your PATH environment variable, and rerun the installation program.
- Click Next to continue.
- The License agreement screen is displayed. Read the license agreement and accept its terms. After you accept the licensing terms, the installation wizard checks for a supported operating system and prerequisite patches. If you encounter a problem such as not having the right prerequisite updates on your system, cancel the installation, make the required changes, and restart the installation.
- The Installation directory screen is displayed. Specify the destination of the installation root directory.
- Select the Create a start menu icon to create a shortcut for the Update Installer. Deselect this checkbox if you do not need a shortcut for the Update Installer in your start menu. Click Next to continue.
- The Installation summary panel appears. Review the summary. Click Next to begin the installation or click Back to make changes to previous panels.
- The Installation results panel is displayed. Verify the success of the installer program by examining the completion panel.
- If you want to launch the Update Installer upon completion of the installation, select Launch Update Installer for WebSphere Software on exit.
- Click Finish to exit the installer.