Install the IBM
® Sametime embedded clients on a Lotus Notes
® client running on Microsoft
Before you begin
You must install Lotus Notes 8.5.1 FP2 or later to use the embedded client. Lotus Notes
8.5.1 FP4 or later is recommended.
About this task
The Sametime embedded client installs directly into the Lotus Notes
directory. If you have already installed a previous version of the embedded client, it is upgraded to this new version.
Parent topic: Installing the Sametime embedded client for Lotus Notes
Uninstalling the Sametime client embedded in Notes on Windows
- Download the installation package for the Sametime embedded client if you have not already done so.
- To download installation packages:
- To download installation packages, you must have an IBM Passport Advantage® account. For information on using Passport Advantage, see the topic Using Passport Advantage to download IBM products.
- Open the Download document for the release you want to install:
Sametime 8.5.2 Interim Feature Release 1 (Sametime 8.5.2 must be installed first)
Locate the components that you need in the document's listing, then download the packages labelled with the corresponding part numbers to the system on which you are installing.
When extracting downloads on Windows
operating systems, use a short path location such as C:\ and not a long path location such as the user's desktop
directories. When extracting to long path locations or deeply nested directories and using the built-in Windows
extract utility, corruption is sometimes seen without any warning. This corruption occurs when maximum path lengths on some Windows
versions are exceeded.
- If you are installing from physical media and your operating system mounts CDs or DVDs automatically with execution privileges turned off, mount the CD or DVD manually instead.
Mount the CD or DVD using the SMIT utility or the appropriate version of the following command:
mount -v cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /cdrom
Mount the CD or DVD using a command similar to the following command:
mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
Mount the CD or DVD.
- Stop the Lotus Notes client.
- Double-click the setup.exe file to begin installation:
- Select a language and click Next.
- Click Next as needed to proceed through the installation screen.
- Verify the installation:
- Help -> About IBM Lotus Notes
- Click Feature Details.
- Verify that "Sametime® Application" appears in the list of features with "8.5.2" at the beginning of its version information.
- Close the dialog box.