Letting users install updates manuallyAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Administrators either distribute update sites (zip or jar files) or post them to a web server and provide the users with instructions for manually installing the updates from their clients.
Administrators either distribute update sites (zip or jar files) or post them to a web server and provide the users with instructions for manually installing the updates from their clients.
About this task
Provide Sametime Connect clients with these instructions to install updates manually that you have added to update sites or posted on a web server.
Users need to log in to their systems with administrative privileges if the optional Microsoft Office Integration features are included in the installation.
- In Sametime® Connect, click Tools -> Plug-ins -> Install plug-ins.
- Select Search for new features to install, and then click Next.
- Add an update site:
Click OK to add the new update site, and then click Finish. After a short time, the Update window appears.
Expand the update site and select the updates you wish to install from the available list. Then click Next.
You must agree to the license terms to continue.
In the next window, click Finish to install. Verify by clicking Install.
Restart the client.
- If remote, select Add Remote Location..., specify a name for the update site and provide the URL for the site.
- If a local directory, select Add Folder Location..., and select the directory where the update site exists.
- If a local archive, select Add Zip / Jar Location... and select the update site archive.
For example, if you have access to the Standalone client install D or downloaded image, you can click New Archive Site.... Then navigate to the optional-components directory and select optional-components-update-site.zip.
Parent topic: Distributing updates and optional features to clients