You can limit anonymous access to IBM
About this task
By default, users can access chat rooms without logging in first, but they cannot access broadcast communities. Once users have logged in to Sametime
Advanced they can access all the features that their licenses allow, including broadcast communities.
If you want to prevent these anonymous users from accessing any Sametime
Advanced features, follow these instructions.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Advanced Servers.
- In the Sametime Advanced Servers list, click the deployment name of the server with the information that you want to add or change.
- Click the Administrative Settings tab.
- Under Anonymous Access, clear the Allow anonymous access check box.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Since anonymous users are not issued licenses, they are not counted in the number of licenses issued figure in the Counts
page of the License Management
Parent topic: Controlling access in Sametime Advanced