You can prevent unauthenticated users (guests) from accessing the Meeting Room Center.
About this task
Unauthenticated users have limited access to the Meeting Room Center. They can view information in the Meeting Room Center, but they can never create meeting rooms or edit meeting room information. You can change this default value to completely deny them access to the Meeting Room Center. This change does not prevent guest access to an actual meeting; it only prevents access to the Meeting Room Center.
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> Sametime Meeting Servers.
- In the Meeting Servers list, click a server with the configuration that you want to change.
- Click the Server Configuration tab.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down to the meetingroomcenter.allowGuestAccess configuration key.
You can only edit the value; you cannot edit a configuration key name.
- In the Configuration Value field, type 0 to deny unauthenticated user access to the Meeting Room Center.
Note: If you change your mind, or if you ever want to grant unauthenticated user access, type 1.
- Click OK.
This configuration change immediately takes effect.
Parent topic: Administering a Sametime Meeting Server