Managing SIP proxy propertiesAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can set properties for the SIP proxy server.
You can set properties for the SIP proxy server.
About this task
SIP makes use of elements called proxy servers to help route requests to the user's current location, authenticate and authorize users to access media services, and provide Sametime media features to users.
Parent topic: Administering a Sametime Media Manager
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> SIP Proxies and Registrars.
- Click the Deployment Name of the SIP Proxy server.
- In SIP Proxy and Registrar, click Proxy Administration.
- Use the following table to set basic SIP proxy properties:
|Record route mode||When record route mode is enabled, the optional Record-Route header is inserted by the SIP proxy server that wants to remain in the signalling path for the duration of the session. The Record-Route header is used to establish a route for transactions belonging to a session. When record route mode is disabled, SIP messages flow directly through the SIP gateways once a call has been established. |
|Parallel search mode||When parallel search mode is enabled, a SIP proxy server sends many requests to possible user locations when it receives an incoming request. Instead of sending one request and then waiting for the final response before sending another request, a parallel search sends requests without waiting for the result of previous requests.|
|Add public IP to outgoing request||When this option is enabled, the SIP proxy server adds an IBM-Destination-Public-IP header field to outgoing initial requests. This header contains the public IP of the endpoint.|
- Specify Handled Domains. These are domains that are managed by the SIP Proxy and Registrar
- Routing rules define how SIP messages are routed through the Sametime SIP proxy server. The table shows any existing rules, with the highest priority granted to the first rule in the table.
Click a rule to open it for editing or click New to create a new routing rule.
- Click OK.
- Restart the SIP Proxy and Registrar.