You can set registration expiration properties for the SIP registrar.
About this task
SIP provides a registrar that allows users to send their current locations for use by proxy servers. The SIP registrar accepts user requests and places the information it receives from those requests into the registration table. Registration is how media services learn the current location of a Sametime
® user. Upon login, and at periodic intervals, the user sends registration messages to the SIP registrar application. These messages associate the user's SIP URI with the machine into which he is currently logged in. The registrar records this association, also called registration instance or a binding, to the registration table, where it can be used by the SIP proxy.
Follow these steps to set expiration properties for the SIP registrar.
Parent topic: Administering a Sametime Media Manager
- Log in to the Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click Sametime System Console -> Sametime Servers -> SIP Proxies and Registrars.
- Click the Deployment Name of the SIP Proxy server.
- In SIP Proxy and Registrar, click Registrar Administration.
- In the Default Registration Expiration field, type a value in seconds to use as the registration expiration when there is no such parameter set in the user request.
- In the Minimum Registration Expiration field, type a value in seconds for the minimum expiration interval the SIP Registrar is willing to honor. A request with an expiration interval lower than the minimum expiration will be rejected.
- In the Maximum contacts for user field, type a value for the maximum number of contacts a user can register, for the same address-of-record.
- In the Maximum Anonymous users field, type a value for the maximum number of anonymous users that can be registered with the IBM Lotus SIP Registrar.
- Click OK.
- Restart the SIP Proxy and Registrar.