Monitoring chat room statisticsAdded by IBM on November 23, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|IBM® Sametime® Advanced users can view statistics for all chat rooms in the folder hierarchy.
® Advanced users can view statistics for all chat rooms in the folder hierarchy.
About this task
Administrators, folder managers, chat room owners, and chat room creators can view statistics for all chat rooms they have access to. Administrators have access to everything, so the summaries they see reflect an accurate calculation for all chat rooms. Because individual users can only view statistics for chat rooms to which they have manager or author access, they may see smaller totals depending on how many chat rooms and folders are private. For example, if a user does not have access to a chat room, the chat room owner for that chat room would not be included in the total count.
Statistics are shown in the following views:
- Summary - Statistics are summarized by chat room, participant, and folder. Some of the statistics are described below.
- Added as My chat rooms by users
This statistic displays the number of chat rooms that have been added by users to their My chat rooms lists. Assume two users have created My chat rooms list at your site. Betty has ten chat rooms in her list and Jerry has four chat rooms in his list, so the total is 14.
- Archived chat rooms
This statistic shows the total number of chat rooms that are archived. Archived chat rooms are not physically archived (from the database), but are put into a different view in the All Chat Rooms tab.
This statistic shows the total number of members that have access for all chat rooms, whether or not they have gone into the chat rooms. Invited participants are the total number of members and managers for all chat rooms.
- Chat room owners
This statistic shows the total number of unique users who created chat rooms.
- FAQs for chat rooms
This statistics shows the total number of persistent chat FAQs for all chat rooms.
- Total folders
This statistic shows the total number of global folders.
- Usage - Chat rooms are listed alphabetically. The number of entries, active participants, and last logins are listed for each chat room.
- Owners - Owners are listed by the chat room owner's user ID. The number of chat rooms owned, entries, and bookmarks are listed for each chat room owner.
Follow these steps to view chat room statistics:
Parent topic: Monitoring Sametime Advanced
- In Sametime Advanced, click the All Chat Rooms tab.
- Click Chat Room Statistics.
- Click the tab for how you want to display statistics.