Move the existing IBM
® Advanced database to a DB2
® server already in use for other Sametime
components to keep all Sametime
database components on one computer.
About this task
After backing up the Sametime
Advanced database, follow these steps to update the Advanced database and move it to the shared DB2
server used by the Sametime
System Console and the Sametime
- Start the older DB2 Enterprise Edition server.
- Log in to the DB2 server as the DB2 administrator (or as a user in the DB2ADMNS group).
- Open a DB2 command window.
- Run the following command to get a list of the contents of the system database directory.
db2 LIST DATABASE DIRECTORY
Save the information.
- Run the following command to catalog the database using the information from the list database directory command.
db2 CATALOG DATABASE STADV on drive c:
- On the shared Sametime DB2 server, install DB2 Net Search Extender.
- Move the database file to the shared Sametime DB2 server.
- Use the RESTORE command to restore the database on the new server.
db2 restore database STADV from backup_directory
For more information about the RESTORE command, see the DB2 information center:
RESTORE DATABASE command
- Update the database to DB2 9.7.
Follow the steps in the DB2
information center for your operating system:
- Close the command window.
Verify that the new database was created either from the command line or by using the DB2
From the command line
View the output from running the create script and enter the following command:
db2 connect to STADV
represents the name of the database you created. Verify that you can connect to the database.
From the DB2 control center
AIX®, Linux, or SolarisParent topic: Migrating to DB2 Workgroup Edition
Open the IBM DB2 folder on the desktop and click Control Center.
Click Start -> Programs -> IBM DB2 -> General Administration Tools -> Control Center.