When configuring SSL for the IBM
® Sametime server, you can import a copy of the trusted root certificate that was used for signing the IBM Lotus
® server's own SSL certificate from a web browser, and then import it in the Sametime server's keystore.
About this task
Rather than obtaining a copy of the Lotus Domino
server's own SSL certificate, you may choose to obtain a copy of the trusted root certificate that was used for signing the Lotus Domino
server's certificate. The easiest way to obtain a trusted root certificate is to export one from your web browser.
Web browsers include many different SSL trusted root certificates by default. If your Web browser contains a trusted root certificate that corresponds with the Lotus Domino
server's trusted root certificate that was used to sign the Lotus Domino
SSL server certificate, you can export it from the browser and save it as a file.
You must use the same trusted root that signed the Lotus Domino
server's own SSL certificate.
The procedure below illustrates how you can export a trusted root certificate from a Microsoft
® Internet Explorer web browser:
Parent topic: Obtaining a copy of the trusted root certificate
- From the browser, click Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click the Contents tab.
- Click the Certificates button.
- Select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Select the appropriate trusted root certificate from the list.
- Click the Export button.
- At the "Certificate Manager Export Wizard" screen, click Next.
- At the "Certificate Export File" screen, select Base64 encoded X.509 (.CER), and then click Next.
- At the "Export File Name" screen, provide a name for the file, select the Sametime server's data directory as the location where you want to store the file, and then click Next.
For example, on Windows®, you might enter SSLservercertificate.cer as the file name. and select C:\Lotus\Domino\data as the location.
Note: On IBM i, save the file directly to your server if you have mapped to the server drive. Otherwise, save the file on your client workstation and transfer it to your IBM i server later.
- When the message appears indicating that the export was successful, click OK.